News & Updates
Wendy’s Restaurants Data Breach
July 15, 2016 | Return to News & Updates
You may have read or heard about the recent worldwide data breach at Wendy’s restaurants. County National Bank was notified by our card processor, MasterCard®, that some CNB debit cards were a part of this data breach. The compromised information is limited to the card number not your social security or account number.
If there has been confirmed fraud on your account, we will contact you. Here are steps we are taking to monitor and reduce the amounts of possible debit card fraud, if your card has been compromised:
- You can continue to use your existing County National Bank debit card as PIN based only.
- If you do not know your PIN number, please call our customer service group at 1 888-322-1088 or 517-439-4300 so we can assign you one.
- Your limits will remain the same on all PIN based transactions. This change only restricts your ability to do any signature based or card not present transactions on your debit card.
- A new chip enabled EMV debit card with a new card number will be ordered for you at no cost.
- If you notice any unauthorized transactions on your account and notify us we will immediately close the card to stop any future activity from occurring.
Due to the high number of debit and credit cards re-issued in connection with the recent breach, there may be a delay in the shipment of replacement cards. We are hopeful you will receive your card by mid-August.
You can also take steps to protect yourself even further by closely monitoring your account and double-checking monthly statements to ensure that they match your records. If you have online access to your accounts or mobile banking, you can check your transactions as frequently as possible. If you detect any suspicious activity on your account, notify us immediately. Please remember, you will not be held liable for any unauthorized transactions that may occur from this merchant breach if you notify us once you become aware of the activity.
We take our obligation to protect the security of your card very seriously. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 517-439-4300 or 888-322-1088.