County National Bank
When we opened our bank headquarters in Hillsdale in 1934, we made a decision to invest in our community. Presently, the bank operates 11 full-service offices and 16 ATMs in four counties in South Central Michigan. The foundation of the success of each and every office is the same now as it was in 1934 – honesty, integrity, and total customer service. We are committed to earning your trust and being the best bank for your business or personal financial needs, now and in the future.
Please visit any one of our conveniently located offices to find out how we can be your bank...for life.
The History of County National Bank
On March 19, 1934, roughly fifty courageous and committed business people put up personal monies to invest and capitalize County National Bank. The initial $60,000 investment has grown to over $35,000,000, truly an entrepreneurial success story for our free enterprise system. Beyond the growth of the initial investment, CNB's role in promoting commerce and prosperity to our local communities has been historic, and our past and present shareholders can take pride in their important role in this story.
County National Bank operated in the city of Hillsdale until July 1, 1962, when expansion began by merging with the Grosvenor State Bank in Jonesville. To further expand services to the market area, a full-time trust department was added in 1976.
In April of 1991, the bank acquired the Hudson office of Standard Federal Bank. Four more offices were acquired from Republic Bank in 1997 in Litchfield, Somerset Center, Hanover, and Spring Arbor. Growth continued in 1999 with the acquisition of the Homer office of Citizens Bank.
In 2001, the decision was made to bring the community banking concept to the Jackson market. In April of 2001, the CNB office was opened on Cortland Street in downtown Jackson in refurbished space that had been part of the Jacobson's Store for the Home. Following the positive reception and success of the downtown office, construction of a second Jackson office on Wisner Street was completed in 2004. Located in the heart of Jackson's major retail area, the Wisner Street office provides a full-range of banking services.
In June of 2006, County National Bank's Hudson office moved to the new Market House Plaza on Railroad Street. The shopping plaza houses several businesses, utilizing the one-stop shopping approach. This brand-new beautiful banking facility offers a full complement of products and services including drive-up service, expanded hours, and convenient ATM. Then in August of 2007, the bank opened a third Jackson office at a great location in the new Summit Center at the corner of Horton and Weatherwax Roads. This newest full-service facility boasts a beautiful décor including walls adorned with pictures relating to the nearby Ella Sharp Museum.
County National Bank is proud to serve the communities of South Central Michigan, providing financial products and services in 11 full-service offices and 16 ATMs. Since 1934 CNB has been committed to superior customer service, technological innovation, and a tradition of community banking.