County National Bank
When we opened our bank headquarters in Hillsdale in 1934, we made a decision to invest in our community. Presently, the bank operates 12 full-service offices and 17 ATMs in four counties in South Central Michigan. The foundation of the success of each and every office is the same now as it was in 1934 – honesty, integrity, and total customer service. We are committed to earning your trust and being the best bank for your business or personal financial needs, now and in the future.
Please visit any one of our conveniently located offices to find out how we can be your bank...for life. For a complete company profile, including an overview of our offices, executive management, board members and financial summaries, please refer to this Company Profile report.
The History of County National Bank
On March 19, 1934, roughly fifty courageous and committed citizens and business people put up personal monies to invest and capitalize Hillsdale County National Bank. The initial $60,000 investment has grown to over $44,000,000, truly an entrepreneurial success story for our capitalist system. Beyond the growth of the initial investment, CNB's role in promoting commerce and prosperity in our local communities has been historic, and our past and present shareholders can take pride in their important role in this story.
The Bank merged with Grosvenor State Bank of Jonesville in 1962, and then continued to operate under the Hillsdale County National Bank charter. In June of 1976, the bank received fiduciary approval and added a full-time trust department. In April of 1991, the bank acquired the Hudson office of Standard Federal Bank, moving into Lenawee County. At that time, we became known as County National Bank. Four more offices were acquired from Republic Bank in 1997 in Litchfield, Somerset Center, Hanover, and Spring Arbor. Growth continued in 1999 with the acquisition of the Homer office of Citizens Bank.
A strategic decision was made to bring our successful community banking business model to the Jackson market. In April of 2001, we opened a banking office on Cortland Street in downtown Jackson. Following the positive reception and success of the downtown office, construction of a second Jackson office on Wisner Street was completed in 2004. In June of 2006, County National Bank's Hudson office moved to the newly built Market House Plaza on Railroad Street. The shopping plaza houses several businesses, utilizing the one-stop shopping approach. In August of 2007, the bank opened a third Jackson office at a great location in the new Summit Center at the corner of Horton and Weatherwax Roads. A Loan Production Office, located in Jackson on Spring Arbor Road, was established early in 2016. This spacious office facility is large enough to accommodate our planned future growth in Jackson.
Another strategic decision was made to expand our services in Lenawee County. In late fall of 2015, the bank purchased a vacant bank building in Adrian. We completely redesigned and refurbished the building, and that office was opened for business in July of 2016. This beautiful banking facility provides a special atmosphere to offer all of our products and services including drive-up service and convenient ATM.
County National Bank is proud to serve the communities of South Central Michigan, providing financial products and services in 12 full-service offices and 17 ATMs.